As part of Intelliflo’s Intelligent Office, PFP 2.0 needed to offer a high quality user interface as well as feature new functionality that Intelliflo was creating for the new platform.
The app allows users to:
- View assets and liabilities as well as income and expenditures and compare them on a monthly or yearly basis
- Drill down into each of these categories to view more detail about a specific transaction
- By using Yodlee’s API, PFP is able to securely retrieve and view account data from the customer’s bank accounts for a live transaction feed
- Breakdown spending into different categories automatically, using intelligent filters within the app
- Set savings goals with a graphical dial to represent progress
- Sort transactions by date or category which can be viewed for an immediate comparison between the current and previous month
- Communicate directly with advisors via secure messaging
- Receive push notifications for account anomalies
So that Intelliflo could easily white label the app for its financial adviser clients, the app was created to dynamically change colours to reflect their brand colours. This was made possible by using intelligent APIs that detect the brand colour depending on the end users login credentials and the financial advice business it is associated with. The app was coded to dynamically change and remember the colours for all future logins.
Only customers of Intelliflo’s financial adviser clients are able to use the PFP 2.0 solutions.
A phased approach to development was taken for the project so that new features can be added over time, as well as refinements to the user journey made.
For security, phase 1 of the app includes biometric security for iOS with Touch ID and a pin code for Android, with future plans to incorporate the new Android Marshmallow biometric support. For added privacy, whenever the user exits the app, they will need to authorise re-entry. With iOS, if the user wants to temporarily hide their information without logging out, they can enter the app switcher to make all information blur out until they launch back into the app.
The app has been designed to help people understand their spending and make savings. It is also intended to provide a better way for customers and their financial advisers to interact with each other. The use of notifications helps to keep users on track and more aware of their financial status.