Mubaloo is an award-winning team of mobile consultants and mobile app development experts. Over the past seven years, Mubaloo has created hundreds of apps with organisations worldwide including Aviva, Bang & Olufsen, Crossrail, RAC, Hargreaves Lansdown, Unite Students and London Air Ambulance.
This is an exciting time to be joining Mubaloo, following Mubaloo’s acquisition by IPG Mediabrands in January 2016. Bringing Mubaloo into the IPG Mediabrands group enables the company to offer its leading UX capabilities, specialism with complex backend systems and cross-platform development skills to the wider IPG group. Whilst Mubaloo retains a strong focus on Enterprise Mobility, the company now also acts as an extended resource to Ansible, the consumer mobile arm of Mediabrands.
Mubaloo was ranked third in the Deloitte Tech Fast 50 UK Awards and has been named Innovator of the Year 2015 by the Bristol Post Awards. Mubaloo’s work has won several awards throughout 2015, including Best Use of Mobile 2015 at the Digital Entrepreneur Awards and Most Innovative Development 2015 at the Mobile Innovation Awards.
By joining our team, you will be part of the UK’s leading mobile app developer and have the chance to work on bespoke mobile apps across a whole range of industry sectors. If you’re energetic, consider yourself to be self-motivated and prepared to roll up your sleeves to be part of an exciting, flourishing business, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a unique opportunity in a dynamic fast-paced environment within an award winning company. Perfect for someone with a passion for mobile and the determinations to succeed.
We have an opportunity for a Junior iOS developer in our Bristol office. We are looking for someone with a desire to keep learning and an appetite to push mobile technologies to the limits. This is an opportunity to work within our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of mobile applications for our fantastic clients.
We are seeking someone who may be involved in all stages of the delivery cycle, at times including definition and estimation, wireframes and specifications, app development, testing and ongoing support. Working alongside Android, Web and Windows Phone developers, you will be working to well-defined app delivery processes through a combination of waterfall and agile methodologies. A dedicated Project Manager is allocated to each project to ensure that the app is delivered on time and in budget.
We are seeking someone with established experience in native Android development, with an appetite for new challenges within an exciting growing business.
Skills and Requirements
- Design and build advanced applications for the iOS platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Experience in iOS development and software development
- Understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- iOS development experience with demonstrable apps released on App Store
- Understanding of iOS programming paradigms and memory management
- Knowledge of the iOS SDK, Objective-C, Swift
- Knowledge of RESTful web services, XML and JSON data format
- Excellent communication and client facing skills
- Knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Excellent teamwork skills, good analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Well-rounded developer with more than just iOS experience
- Knowledge of C/C++
- Exposure to agile & test-driven development methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience and knowledge of Mac OS X, Git (or any SCM) & Photoshop
Mubaloo offers varied and exciting career development options. The mix of clients and projects provides exposure to a rich variety of challenges, opening up endless possibilities for those with an appetite to drive forward what’s possible.
We will provide you with our support in developing your skills and capabilities within the delivery team and training will be provided to help you advance you on this journey.
We look to provide our team with a supportive, fun and ambitious working environment, where we hope that you will develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency both in the UK and globally.
When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So we also offer a range of benefits:
- 23 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 year per year upon 2 years of employment
- Company contribution to pension
- Opportunity for career development through training and conferences
- Funded team social events
- Flexible working hours
- Situated in a bright, breezy office on the Clifton Triangle in the heart of Bristol, with comfy beanbags, an indoor picnic area and an exciting social scene
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Corporate discounts with selected retailers
- Friday afternoon ‘Show & Tell’ with beers
- Monthly lunchtime ‘Think Tank’ sessions with pizza
- Internal hackathons
Weʼre looking for proven developers so send us samples/portfolios/links to apps and projects youʼve worked on.
Please send CV and portfolio to email@example.com
No recruitment agencies.