Mubaloo is an award-winning team of mobile consultants and mobile app development experts. Over the past seven years, Mubaloo has created hundreds of apps with organisations worldwide including Aviva, Bang & Olufsen, Crossrail, RAC, Hargreaves Lansdown, Unite Students and London Air Ambulance.
This is an exciting time to be joining Mubaloo, following Mubaloo’s acquisition by IPG Mediabrands in January 2016. Bringing Mubaloo into the IPG Mediabrands group enables the company to offer its leading mobile capabilities, specialism with complex backend systems and cross-platform development skills to the wider IPG group. Whilst Mubaloo retains a strong focus on Enterprise Mobility, the company now also acts as an extended resource to Ansible, the consumer mobile arm of Mediabrands.
Mubaloo was ranked third in the Deloitte Tech Fast 50 UK Awards and has been named Innovator of the Year 2015 by the Bristol Post Awards. Mubaloo’s work has won several awards throughout 2015, including Best Use of Mobile 2015 at the Digital Entrepreneur Awards and Most Innovative Development 2015 at the Mobile Innovation Awards
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a Junior Mobile Strategy Consultant to join our team in Bristol. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic fast-paced environment within an award winning company. The individual will get the chance to work with leaders in their field on some incredible innovations. Perfect for someone with a passion for mobile and the determination to succeed.
- Understand business challenges and work with the consultancy team to define digital solutions
- Gather requirements from briefs and/or conversations with clients
- Scope out the details of what we’re looking to build and quote for this – this might include scoping a native iOS app or a responsive website for example and involve working with the design team, developers, QA and project managers
- Write proposals for our clients and prospects.
- Understanding change requests of existing products and working with the teams to define a cost
- Support our consultants in workshops
- Spend time on the phone and sometimes face to face with clients discussing their requirements and our proposed solutions.
- Support the consultancy team in pitches – this may include helping to prepare presentations and researching as well as thinking of new ideas to take forwards
- Work with clients on the business case for mobile apps where required
- Assist finance and operations in planning, resourcing and forecasting revenue on a weekly basis
- Work with sales to manage the pipeline and convert opportunities into life projects
- Build relationships with prospects and clients that you’re working with. Understand their business and their goals for what they’re trying to achieve as well as looking to identify new business opportunities.
- Have 1-2 years experience in strategy, planning, account management or business analysis
- You must have demonstrable understanding of the mobile landscape
- Previous responsibility for written outputs – be it proposals or presentations for clients
- Experience speaking with senior executives
- An ability to express ideas with clarity, confidence and sound reasoning
- Previous experience of building client relationships
- Presentation skills is a nice to have.
- Driven and dedicated
- Proactive and organised
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate about digital innovation
- Collaborative in your working style
- Willing to travel (e.g. To London) when required
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Numerical skills are essential due to the quoting side of this role
Mubaloo offers varied and exciting career development options. The mix of clients and projects provides exposure to a rich variety of challenges, opening up broad possibilities for those with an appetite to drive forward what’s possible.
We will provide you with our support in developing your skills and capabilities within the delivery team and training will be provided to help you advance you on this journey.
We look to provide our team with a supportive, fun and ambitious working environment, where we hope that you will develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency both in the UK and globally.
When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So we also offer a range of benefits:
- 23 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day per year upon 2 years of employment
- Company contribution to pension
- Opportunity for career development through training and conferences
Funded team social events
- Flexible working hours
- Situated in a bright, breezy office on the Clifton Triangle in the heart of Bristol, with comfy beanbags, an indoor picnic area and an exciting social scene
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Corporate discounts with selected retailers
- Friday afternoon Show & Tell with beers
- Monthly lunchtime Think Tank sessions with pizza
- Internal hackathon’s