Mubaloo is an award-winning team of mobile consultants and mobile app development experts. Over the past seven years, Mubaloo has created hundreds of apps with organisations worldwide including Aviva, Bang & Olufsen, Crossrail, RAC, Hargreaves Lansdown, Unite Students and London Air Ambulance.
This is an exciting time to be joining Mubaloo, following Mubaloo’s acquisition by IPG Mediabrands in January 2016. Bringing Mubaloo into the IPG Mediabrands group enables the company to offer its leading UX capabilities, specialism with complex backend systems and cross-platform development skills to the wider IPG group. Whilst Mubaloo retains a strong focus on Enterprise Mobility, the company now also acts as an extended resource to Ansible, the consumer mobile arm of Mediabrands.
Mubaloo was ranked third in the Deloitte Tech Fast 50 UK Awards and has been named Innovator of the Year 2015 by the Bristol Post Awards. Mubaloo’s work has won several awards throughout 2015, including Best Use of Mobile 2015 at the Digital Entrepreneur Awards and Most Innovative Development 2015 at the Mobile Innovation Awards.
By joining our team, you will be part of the UK’s leading mobile app developer and have the chance to work on bespoke mobile apps across a whole range of industry sectors. If you’re energetic, consider yourself to be self-motivated and prepared to roll up your sleeves to be part of an exciting, flourishing business, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role offers the chance to join a talented Design team within a forward thinking agency. The Mid-weight UX / UI Designer role is perfect for someone with the passion and perspective for understanding the creative challenge and inspiring clients what’s possible through mobile.
Mubaloo is responsible for creating and delivering digital products used by millions across the UK, improving user experience and helping businesses to succeed. Working within a team of five skilled mobile designers, this role offers the potential to add to Mubaloo’s specialist UX / UI capabilities, whilst gaining experience across a fantastic range of industries.
We’re looking for a someone with an appetite to keep evolving what’s possible, and the desire to be part of a highly respected and well loved team. There will be mutual knowledge share between team members, plus the opportunity to harness the passion across the business for creating market-leading mobile experiences.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Shape the UX / UI approach for a range of key clients
- Inspire clients with how they can place UX / UI at the centre of their mobile strategy.
- Collaborate with the Strategy and Development teams to translate business thinking around a UX problem into a viable product.
- Guide clients on their approach and take ownership for delivering a range of activities.
Responsible for delivery of high quality UX / UI outputs including:
- Workshop activities / deliverables
- Pitch work and project scoping
- Defining the structure and flow of a user experience
- Detailed wireframes and prototypes for mobile apps and web
- Defining and validating concepts within user testing
- Creating user interfaces across a range of mobile app and web platforms
- Working closely with developers to test designs in real world settings
Evolve your perspective as a UX / UI specialist
- Continually build upon your understanding of mobile and web-based UX / UI.
- Develop your voice by proactively sharing your perspective and awareness of industry shifts, best practices and wider technological trends with others in the business.
- Attend industry events, identifying and sharing opportunities with the rest of the team.
You’ll love the mix of our clients and will take real satisfaction in solving problems & creating solutions that make a difference.
Skills and Requirements
- Skilled at delivering both UX & UI design, with previous work demonstrating specialist experience in the mobile and responsive web industry.
- The confidence to present recommendations and reflections to clients in an engaging & collaborative manner.
- An ability to interpret user behaviour and distill touchpoints into clear user journeys.
- Talented at crafting clean interfaces, using strong design language with immaculate art-working.
- Expert in adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Sketch.
- Solid experience with all or some of the following; InVision, Omnigraffle, Proto.io, Marvel, Pixate and UX Pin.
- Knowledge of Apple, Android and Windows human interface guidelines, as well responsive web principles, with proven experience in designing for these.
- Solid knowledge of digital design processes and methodologies.
- Quick to learn company specific software, including Jira, Synergist, Who’s Off, Resource Guru.
- A full clean driving license and passport, with an appetite to travel on occasion.
Mubaloo offers varied and exciting career development options. The mix of clients and projects provides exposure to a rich variety of challenges, opening up broad possibilities for those with an appetite to drive forward what’s possible.
We will provide you with our support in developing your skills and capabilities within the delivery team and training will be provided to help you advance you on this journey.
We look to provide our team with a supportive, fun and ambitious working environment, where we hope that you will develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency both in the UK and globally.
When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So we also offer a range of benefits:
- 23 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day per year upon 2 years of employment
- Company contribution to pension
- Opportunity for career development through training and conferences
- Funded team social events
- Flexible working hours
- Situated in a bright, breezy office on the Clifton Triangle in the heart of Bristol, with comfy beanbags, an indoor picnic area and an exciting social scene
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Corporate discounts with selected retailers
- Friday afternoon Show & Tell with beers
- Monthly lunchtime Think Tank sessions with pizza
- Internal hackathons