Unfortunately, this position is now closed.
Are you looking for a unique opportunity in a dynamic fast-paced environment within an award-winning company? Do you have a passion for mobile? Do you have the determination to succeed? If so, Mubaloo is the place for you.
As Technical Team Lead for the Android team at Mubaloo, your responsibilities shall include; Leading by example and remaining hands-on and deeply involved with the technical decisions across all of the projects under your supervision.
- Ensuring that everyone in your team keeps to agreed processes, standards and designs.
- Evangelising the platform, keeping the rest of the company up-to-date with how Android could be used to better meet a functional requirement.
- Liaising with clients and delivering high quality architectural documentation explaining how their products are being built.
- Furthermore you will be expected to continue to grow Mubaloo’s expanding Android team with the responsibilities to your team including;
- Constructing personal development plans for each team member and monitoring progress against their personal (and company) objectives.
- Holding regular 1-2-1 meetings with each of your team members.
- Pro-actively identify and agree training requirements as new opportunities arise in the fast paced mobile space.
- Excellent analytical capability – you are able to extract the relevant information from a mass of detail in order to form tightly scoped functional specifications.
- Excellent communication skills – you are able to convey your vision of how things should work through clear, structured written and verbal instruction.
- An enthusiasm for technology and applying it to real-world business problems.
Skills & Requirements
- A sound understanding of the principles of Test Driven Development (TDD) with practical experience of its application and identifying when TDD should not be applied.
- A track record of designing and developing large, non-trivial Android applications.
- At least 4 years worth of experience developing with the Android SDK and Java.
- Good knowledge of project management tooling, such as JIRA or Redmine and how it should be used to ensure on-time, on-budget deliveries.
- An eye for correctly estimating the time required to execute a development through a logical and reasoned break up of the tasks at hand.
- An excellent understanding of Object Oriented (OO) programming.
You’ll have an advantage if you are familiar with;
- Robolectric and JUnit.
- Apply the Dependency Injection (DI) pattern on Android.
- Xamarin (or competent with the C# language).
- Robotium or another integration testing tool.
- Applying the Dependency Injection (DI) pattern on Android.
- Excellent teamwork skills & an ability to get the work done with minimal supervision.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills combined with an ability to think for yourself and challenge the status quo.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
Mubaloo is an award-winning team of mobile consultants and mobile app development experts. Working at a strategic and operational level, we deliver iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone and HTML5 apps that embrace the power of mobile.
By joining our team, you will be part if the UK’s leading mobile app developer and have the chance to work on bespoke mobile apps across a whole range of industry sectors including: gaming, retail, technology, media, financial services and healthcare.
Mubaloo operates in a strongly meritocratic way. You will progress through the company according to the effort you put in and the results you achieve. The associated rewards include a highly competitive salary and benefits package, working with highly intelligent, like-minded colleagues and being part of a company that is on the forefront of mobile innovation.
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org