Mubaloo is an award-winning team of mobile consultants and mobile app development experts. Over the past seven years, Mubaloo has created hundreds of apps with organisations worldwide including Aviva, Bang & Olufsen, Crossrail, RAC, Hargreaves Lansdown, Unite Students and London Air Ambulance.
This is an exciting time to be joining Mubaloo, following Mubaloo’s acquisition by IPG Mediabrands in January 2016. Bringing Mubaloo into the IPG Mediabrands group enables the company to offer its leading UX capabilities, specialism with complex backend systems and cross-platform development skills to the wider IPG group. Whilst Mubaloo retains a strong focus on Enterprise Mobility, the company now also acts as an extended resource to Ansible, the consumer mobile arm of Mediabrands.
Mubaloo was ranked third in the Deloitte Tech Fast 50 UK Awards and has been named Innovator of the Year 2015 by the Bristol Post Awards. Mubaloo’s work has won several awards throughout 2015, including Best Use of Mobile 2015 at the Digital Entrepreneur Awards and Most Innovative Development 2015 at the Mobile Innovation Awards.
By joining our team, you will be part of the UK’s leading mobile app developer and have the chance to work on bespoke mobile apps across a whole range of industry sectors. If you’re energetic, consider yourself to be self-motivated and prepared to roll up your sleeves to be part of an exciting, flourishing business, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of a QA engineer at Mubaloo is to do their best to ensure quality at every level of product development, from static analysis during requirement gathering, to putting our products through their paces to identify bugs in the code or UI, to ask questions, to challenge the norm and to provide the best possible products to our clients and end users.
You’ll be an integral part of the test team and be involved in a number of projects at each stage to help drive up quality of work as well as bringing down the number of defects introduced in the process.
The role is strongly focused on Manual testing however you’ll be responsible for introducing automation into the mix where appropriate.
This is a great opportunity for you to dive deeper into the fast paced world of mobile application development, learn about the software development lifecycles, and to further develop their skills in becoming a reputable software testing professional.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Give input, review and aid with writing functional requirements, Wireframes and UI designs of our products
- Design and prepare functional and non-functional technical test scripts
- Assist with test planning and setting of entry/exit criteria
- Execute tests with the aim of identifying any defects left over from Developer testing
- Manage defects ensuring they are correctly reported, tracked and retested in line with the test plans and scripts
- Participate in project meetings, giving regular updates and feedback to project teams on test progress
- Assist clients through UAT phase of application testing
- Effectively escalate issues where appropriate if quality risks start to escalate
- Preparation of development and QA release notes and to distribute milestone builds to the clients
- Occasional on-site support and testing with clients
- 3+ years experience in software testing
- 1+ years experience specifically around mobile environments
- Experience with various test tools (test case management, defect tracking, requirement and change tracking)
- Experience with both mobile and web testing
- Experience with Blackbox and functional testing
- Experience with Whitebox and non-functional Testing
- Experience with Calabash/Cucumber/Android Espresso or similar mobile/web automation tools
- Strong knowledge of testing methodologies
- Experience with both Agile/SCRUM/Kanban and Waterfall SDLC processes
- Must have experience with Mac, Windows and Unix/Linux environments
- Interest in achieving ISEB/ISTQB Foundation, if not already achieved
- You must be a well driven, self-starter with a strong work ethic
- You have the ability to influence and motivate others
- You are focused with great attention to detail
- You have good time management, planning, organisation and prioritisation skills
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You’re able to work effectively in a rapidly changing and busy environment handling multiple projects at once
- You are able to easily build relationships and establish trust with peers and other business domains
- Knowledge of technical/API testing
- Experience with large, enterprise-type products across a range of different sectors
- Experience of researching, recommending and rolling out new tools and policies
Mubaloo offers varied and exciting career development options. The mix of clients and projects provides exposure to a rich variety of challenges, opening up endless possibilities for those with an appetite to drive forward what’s possible.
We will provide you with our support in developing your skills and capabilities within the delivery team and training will be provided to help you advance you on this journey.
We look to provide our team with a supportive, fun and ambitious working environment, where we hope that you will develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency both in the UK and globally.
When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So we also offer a range of benefits:
- 23 days paid holiday per year, increasing by 1 day per year upon 2 years of employment
- Company contribution to pension
- Opportunity for career development through training and conferences
- Funded team social events
- Flexible working hours
- Situated in a bright, breezy office on the Clifton Triangle in the heart of Bristol, with comfy beanbags, an indoor picnic area and an exciting social scene
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Corporate discounts with selected retailers
- Friday afternoon ‘Show & Tell’ with beers
- Monthly lunchtime ‘Think Tank’ sessions with pizza
- Internal Hackathon days