Unfortunately, this position is now closed.
Mubaloo, winner of App Developer 2012 & 2013, is looking for a Quality and Testing Manager to join us at our Bristol Office.
Are you looking for a unique opportunity in a dynamic fast-paced environment within an award-winning company? Do you have a passion for mobile? Do you have the determination to succeed? If so, Mubaloo is the place for you.
Head of Operations
Full Time: 9am-5:30pm, Mon-Fri
23 days per year, 3 taken over Christmas / All bank holidays inc.
You will manage a team of mobile and web test engineers driving the amount and quality of both manual and automated test coverage at Mubaloo. You will be responsible for prioritising and estimating work, and ensuring that the team follows through on its commitments to the company. You will produce and present reports on company progress on an on-going basis. Working in a mixture of both Agile and Waterfall environments, you have excellent knowledge of different software testing methodologies and will use your experience with the STLC and SDLC to deliver some of the highest quality of mobile software around.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Help build, manage and maintain a world-class team of software testing experts
- Evaluate staff, and provide on going training and performance management
- Build and maintain a solid mobile test framework and strategy
- Management and administration of project/defect management system
- Prioritise the team’s workload and estimate effort required for test activities
- Work with the project management team to build a structured pipeline of work
- Work closely with Development, Design, Project Management, and Operations to ensure testers get assigned to projects early where they can influence scope and design
- Ensure company policies and processes align to industry standards
- Own and evolve in-house software assurance policies
- Management and administration of internal project management systems
- Contribute to and moderate the functional specification creation process
- Lead and push forward a test automation framework policy
- Record, analyse and distribute statistical information
- Keep Senior Management abreast of developments identified during quality control activities
- Assist with occasional on-site support and testing in line with client needs
- 4+ years experience is software testing
- Must have experience with various test tools (test case management, defect tracking, requirement and change tracking etc)
- Experience with mobile/web testing
- Experience with Blackbox and functional testing
- Experience with Whitebox and non-functional Testing
- Experience with Calabash/Cucumber/Monkeytalk or similar
- Strong knowledge of testing methodologies
- Experience with both Agile/SCRUM and Waterfall SDLC approaches
- Must have experience with Mac, Windows and Unix/Linux environments
- Genuine interest in technology
- You must be a well driven, self-starter with a strong work ethic
- You have the ability to influence and motivate others
- You are focused with great attention to detail
- You have good time management, planning, organisation and prioritisation skills
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You are willing (and able) to work as a hands-on manager, leading by example
- You’re able to work effectively in a rapidly changing and busy environment handling multiple projects at once
- You are able to easily build relationships and establish trust with peers and other business domains
- Agile & Waterfall methodologies
- Experience as a hands-on tester is a must
- Experience with large, enterprise-type products across a range of different sectors
- Experience of researching, recommending and rolling out new tools and policies
- Certified with ISTQB in software testing / test management
Mubaloo is an award-winning team of mobile consultants and mobile app development experts. Working at a strategic and operational level, we deliver iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone and HTML5 apps that embrace the power of mobile.
By joining our team, you will be part if the UK’s leading mobile app developer and have the chance to work on bespoke mobile apps across a whole range of industry sectors including: gaming, retail, technology, media, financial services and healthcare.
If you think that you’re the right person for the role, please email your CV, details and personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org