Mubaloo is an award-winning team of mobile consultants and mobile app development experts. Over the past seven years, Mubaloo has created hundreds of apps with organisations worldwide including Aviva, Bang & Olufsen, Crossrail, RAC, Hargreaves Lansdown, Unite Students and London Air Ambulance.
This is an exciting time to be joining Mubaloo, following Mubaloo’s acquisition by IPG Mediabrands in January 2016. Bringing Mubaloo into the IPG Mediabrands group enables the company to offer its leading UX capabilities, specialism with complex backend systems and cross-platform development skills to the wider IPG group. Whilst Mubaloo retains a strong focus on Enterprise Mobility, the company now also acts as an extended resource to Ansible, the consumer mobile arm of Mediabrands.
Mubaloo was ranked third in the Deloitte Tech Fast 50 UK Awards and has been named Innovator of the Year 2015 by the Bristol Post Awards. Mubaloo’s work has won several awards throughout 2015, including Best Use of Mobile 2015 at the Digital Entrepreneur Awards and Most Innovative Development 2015 at the Mobile Innovation Awards.
By joining our team, you will be part of the UK’s leading mobile app developer and have the chance to work on bespoke mobile apps across a whole range of industry sectors. If you’re energetic, consider yourself to be self-motivated and prepared to roll up your sleeves to be part of an exciting, flourishing business, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a fantastic opportunity to drive forward a much valued discipline in a dynamic environment within an award winning company. The Lead UX / UI Designer role is perfect for someone with the character, energy and vision to steer Design and inspire our major clients.
Mubaloo is responsible for creating and delivering digital products used by millions across the UK, improving user experience and helping businesses to succeed. Working closely with Mubaloo’s Strategy Consultants, this is a senior role that brings the opportunity to re-define how some of the world’s largest businesses and brands both operate and engage.
We’re looking for a someone with a big perspective and an appetite to be a leading voice for Mubaloo. The Lead UX / UI Designer will play a key role in team mentoring, whilst harnessing the passion across the business for creating market-leading mobile experiences.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Lead the UX approach for key clients:
- Inspire clients with how they can place UX at the centre of their mobile strategy.
- Establish strong relationships, collaborating with the client, Strategy and delivery teams in the process of shaping and defining the client’s products.
- Translate business thinking around a UX problem into a viable product, taking ownership from conception to completion.
- Define the approach and deliver a range of activities including:
- UX consulting
- Running workshops
- Pitch work
- Defining the structure and flow of a user experience
- Detailed wireframes and prototypes for mobile apps and web
- Defining and validating concepts within user testing
- Creating user interfaces across a range of mobile app and web platforms
- Working closely with developers to test designs in real world settings
Lead the UX team:
- Build upon the team’s energy and ownership for creating market leading experiences.
- Responsible for mentoring and career progression, nurturing individual strengths and skillsets.
Establish yourself as a thought leader
- Continually build upon your understanding of mobile UX and actively contribute to Mubaloo’s UX proposition.
- Proactively share your perspective and awareness of industry shifts, best practices and wider technological trends with others in the business.
- Attend and speak at industry events, identifying and sharing opportunities with internal teams and clients.
Enhance UX performance
- Collaborate with other functions across the business and play an active role in improving how and what we deliver as a business (specifically with a focus on quality, performance and effectiveness).
- Responsible for the team’s UX / UI outputs including workshop deliverables, prototypes, user testing, project scoping, wireframes, user interface design and design QA.
You’ll have a natural curiosity for all things digital, balanced with a love for keeping things human.
Skills and Requirements
- Skilled at delivering best in class UX / UI, with previous work demonstrating specialist experience in the mobile and responsive web industry
- The confidence to deliver a UX vision with compelling flair
- A natural UX / UI ambassador with an appetite to meet the client and represent Mubaloo
- Ability to make the disparate tangible, linking ideas and contexts through the creation of user journeys
- An absolute natural at crafting clean interfaces, using strong design language with immaculate art-working.
- Expert in adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Sketch
- Solid experience with all or some of the following; InVision, Omnigraffle, Proto.io, Marvel, Pixate and UX Pin
- Knowledge of Apple, Android and Windows human interface guidelines, as well responsive web principles, with proven experience in designing for these
- Strong knowledge of digital design processes and methodologies
- Quick to learn company specific software, including Jira, Synergist, Who’s Off, Resource Guru
- A full clean driving license and passport, with an appetite to travel when needed.
Mubaloo offers varied and exciting career development options. The mix of clients and projects provides exposure to a rich variety of challenges, opening up broad possibilities for those with an appetite to drive forward what’s possible.
We will provide you with our support in developing your skills and capabilities within the delivery team and training will be provided to help you advance you on this journey.
We look to provide our team with a supportive, fun and ambitious working environment, where we hope that you will develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency both in the UK and globally.
When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So we also offer a range of benefits:
- 23 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day per year upon 2 years of employment
- Company contribution to pension
- Opportunity for career development through training and conferences
- Funded team social events
- Flexible working hours
- Situated in a bright, breezy office on the Clifton Triangle in the heart of Bristol, with comfy beanbags, an indoor picnic area and an exciting social scene
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Corporate discounts with selected retailers
- Friday afternoon Show & Tell with beers
- Monthly lunchtime Think Tank sessions with pizza
- Internal hackathons