Mubaloo is an award-winning team of mobile consultants and mobile app development experts. Over the past seven years, Mubaloo has created hundreds of apps with organisations worldwide including Aviva, Bang & Olufsen, Crossrail, RAC, Hargreaves Lansdown, Unite Students and London Air Ambulance.
This is an exciting time to be joining Mubaloo, following Mubaloo’s acquisition by IPG Mediabrands in January 2016. Bringing Mubaloo into the IPG Mediabrands group enables the company to offer its leading UX capabilities, specialism with complex backend systems and cross-platform development skills to the wider IPG group. Whilst Mubaloo retains a strong focus on Enterprise Mobility, the company now also acts as an extended resource to Ansible, the consumer mobile arm of Mediabrands.
Mubaloo was ranked third in the Deloitte Tech Fast 50 UK Awards and has been named Innovator of the Year 2015 by the Bristol Post Awards. Mubaloo’s work has won several awards throughout 2015, including Best Use of Mobile 2015 at the Digital Entrepreneur Awards and Most Innovative Development 2015 at the Mobile Innovation Awards.
By joining our team, you will be part of the UK’s leading mobile app developer and have the chance to work on bespoke mobile apps across a whole range of industry sectors. If you’re energetic, consider yourself to be self-motivated and prepared to roll up your sleeves to be part of an exciting, flourishing business, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a unique opportunity in a dynamic fast-paced environment within an award winning company. Perfect for someone with a passion for mobile and the determination to succeed.
We are looking for a Full Stack Web Developer to help design, build and deliver mobile web applications and supporting API systems.
We’re looking for a considerate, enthusiastic individual who wants to help build solutions with cutting edge web technologies.
Skills / Requirements
- Working on a variety of client projects using the latest web technologies
- Being involved in all aspects of the app development process, working with the dedicated design and QA teams to design, develop and test applications
- Working to a well-defined app delivery process, supported by a dedicated project manager to ensure that the app is delivered on time and in budget
- Creating apps from a bright, breezy office on the Clifton Triangle in the heart of Bristol, with comfy beanbags and an indoor picnic area
- Being offered the opportunity for career development through training and conferences
- You should know how to use a version control system such as SVN or Git.
- You know how to craft beautiful interfaces from static mockups using HTML5 & CSS3
- You should have used CSS preprocessors such as SASS
- You should be able to write clear, maintainable unit tests for both your client and server code.
- Experience building Web Applications & APIs with Node.js, an awareness of the npm ecosystem, and an understanding of API design
- Be actively interested in the most recent developments in the web community
- Knowledge of back-end architecture, experience integrating with RESTful APIs & external services
- An understanding of both NoSQL, and traditional relational databases
- You will have a very high standard of written and spoken English, and be able to communicate your ideas in a thoughtful and respectful manner to other team members
- Experience building web solutions for mobile – both phone and tablet
- Demonstrated experience with C#, .NET MVC & Web API
- You should have experience working in a digital agency environment
- You have heard of Cordova / Phonegap, and potentially deployed apps built using this framework
- You have familiarity with native iOS, Android, Windows Phone, or Xamarin development
- Knowledge around deploying and scaling Node.js applications, bonus points if you’ve used Docker or Heroku
- Experience using cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, Google Cloud or DigitalOcean
- Experience with Linux server administration, NGINX
- Experience working to a clear technical specification.
- Taken part in regular code reviews.
Mubaloo offers varied and exciting career development options. The mix of clients and projects provides exposure to a rich variety of challenges, opening up endless possibilities for those with an appetite to drive forward what’s possible.
We will provide you with our support in developing your skills and capabilities within the delivery team and training will be provided to help you advance you on this journey.
We look to provide our team with a supportive, fun and ambitious working environment, where we hope that you will develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency both in the UK and globally.
When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So we also offer a range of benefits:
- 23 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day per year upon 2 years of employment
- Company contribution to pension
- Opportunity for career development through training and conferences
- Funded team social events
- Flexible working hours
- Situated in a bright, breezy office on the Clifton Triangle in the heart of Bristol, with comfy beanbags, an indoor picnic area and an exciting social scene
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Corporate discounts with selected retailers
- Friday afternoon ‘Show & Tell’ with beers
- Monthly lunchtime ‘Think Tank’ sessions with pizza
- Internal hackathons