Mubaloo is an award-winning team of mobile consultants and mobile app development experts. Over the past seven years, Mubaloo has created hundreds of apps with organisations worldwide including Aviva, Bang & Olufsen, Crossrail, RAC, Hargreaves Lansdown, Unite Students and London Air Ambulance.
This is an exciting time to be joining Mubaloo, following Mubaloo’s acquisition by IPG Mediabrands in January 2016. Bringing Mubaloo into the IPG Mediabrands group enables the company to offer its leading UX capabilities, specialism with complex backend systems and cross-platform development skills to the wider IPG group. Whilst Mubaloo retains a strong focus on Enterprise Mobility, the company now also acts as an extended resource to Ansible, the consumer mobile arm of Mediabrands.
Mubaloo was ranked third in the Deloitte Tech Fast 50 UK Awards and has been named Innovator of the Year 2015 by the Bristol Post Awards. Mubaloo’s work has won several awards throughout 2015, including Best Use of Mobile 2015 at the Digital Entrepreneur Awards and Most Innovative Development 2015 at the Mobile Innovation Awards.
By joining our team, you will be part of the UK’s leading mobile app developer and have the chance to work on bespoke mobile apps across a whole range of industry sectors. If you’re energetic, consider yourself to be self-motivated and prepared to roll up your sleeves to be part of an exciting, flourishing business, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Mubaloo, the UK’s leading mobile consultancy and app developer, is looking for an experienced account manager to join our team in Bristol. If you’re looking for the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment with an award-winning company on innovative, global accounts, then Mubaloo may be the place for you.
Following the recent acquisition of Mubaloo by IPG Mediabrands there has never been a more exciting time to become a part of this evolving and dynamic team.
Skills & Requirements:
The most essential skill for this role is the ability to build strong relationships with existing clients and expand our existing network of stakeholders across the accounts. Mubaloo has some fantastic clients that we work with, it is essential as a part of this role that we are both acting as a professional partner to our clients, but also expanding our relationships within each of our clients.
- Identify clients’ business needs and work with strategy to develop ideas around long-term opportunities that delivers ROI for the client.
- Work with Project Managers and Strategy consultants as a partner to our clients, supporting them to achieve their company’s strategic objectives and thereby achieving client satisfaction.
- Manage a communications strategy with each client to review roadmaps and opportunities.
- Create presentations to inspire clients with mobile initiatives.
- Proactive performance reporting based around business understanding and data from analytics.
- Time working on site with clients may also be required from time to time.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the business to develop and implement strategic account plans.
- Work closely with strategy to communicate a client’s brief and background knowledge to ensure we’re proposing relevant solutions. You will also be required to work proactively with strategy to suggest new initiatives to your clients for inspiration.
- Support the PMs and Strategy team to become the go-to person for new opportunities within key accounts.
- Working closely with the Bristol account manager to knowledge share.
- Work with the marketing team to ensure we’re inviting clients to the great events and roundtables we organise and also sharing our content. Marketing needs to be embedded into our conversations, where possible, to ensure we can create case studies, award submissions and PR around launches.
- Knowledge sharing within the commercial team and wider business is essential to everyone who works at Mubaloo. You will be expected to share insights into the market, your accounts and anything else you feel others can benefit from.
- Management of the team’s time to ensure you have the right resource when you need it.
- Reporting to the Digital Director, you will be expected to report on account plans, pipeline opportunities, activity levels, new contacts within accounts and client satisfaction levels.
- Identify and pursue key cross and up-sell opportunities for your key accounts.
- Build and manage an active sales pipeline from existing key accounts to ensure that revenue targets are achieved and exceeded
- Oversee a portfolio of clients and manage and report on the status of the client accounts on a monthly basis (internally and to clients)
- Collaboratively work with strategy and with clients to drive product roadmaps for existing digital products as well as identifying new opportunities.
Desired skills and experience:
- Presentation and communication skills are essential – the successful candidate will have the ability to deliver bespoke presentations suited to client requirements, and communicate at all stakeholder levels across an organisation
- Ability to express ideas with clarity, confidence and sound reasoning
- Experience of relationship and stakeholder management
- Experience of increasing revenue from existing accounts and/or sales experience
- Experience of providing clients with strategic guidance, helping them to achieve their objectives
- Problem solving skills that show an ability to understand, articulate and structure solutions to resolve client challenges and fulfill their requirements
- Analytics experience would be desirable but is not essential.
- Exceptional writing skills are a requirement. You will be expected to write and review documents, proposals and presentations on a regular basis and you’ll need to ensure we maintain the Mubaloo ‘voice’ while communicating what is key to our clients.
- Experience working in mobile is desirable. A passion for mobile/digital/technology industry is absolutely essential.
- Self-starter who can work autonomously and remains composed under pressure.
- Leads with integrity, honesty and trust.
- Able to manage your own time and prioritise workload on a daily basis – this will include keeping things up to date and juggling multiple requests at any one time.
- Flexible to travel between Bristol & London on a regular basis.
Mubaloo offers varied and exciting career development options. The mix of clients and projects provides exposure to a rich variety of challenges, opening up endless possibilities for those with an appetite to drive forward what’s possible.
We will provide you with our support in developing your skills and capabilities within the delivery team and training will be provided to help you advance you on this journey.
We look to provide our team with a supportive, fun and ambitious working environment, where we hope that you will develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency both in the UK and globally.
When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So we also offer a range of benefits:
- 23 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day per year upon 2 years of employment
- Company contribution to pension
- Opportunity for career development through training and conferences
- Funded team social events
- Flexible working hours
- Situated in a bright, breezy office on the Clifton Triangle in the heart of Bristol, with comfy beanbags, an indoor picnic area and an exciting social scene
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Corporate discounts with selected retailers
- Friday afternoon ‘Show & Tell’ with beers
- Monthly lunchtime ‘Think Tank’ sessions with pizza
- Internal hackathons