Mubaloo is an award-winning team of mobile consultants and mobile app development experts. Over the past seven years, Mubaloo has created hundreds of apps with organisations worldwide including Aviva, Bang & Olufsen, Crossrail, RAC, Hargreaves Lansdown, Unite Students and London Air Ambulance.
This is an exciting time to be joining Mubaloo, following Mubaloo’s acquisition by IPG Mediabrands in January 2016. Bringing Mubaloo into the IPG Mediabrands group enables the company to offer its leading UX capabilities, specialism with complex backend systems and cross-platform development skills to the wider IPG group. Whilst Mubaloo retains a strong focus on Enterprise Mobility, the company now also acts as an extended resource to Ansible, the consumer mobile arm of Mediabrands.
Mubaloo was ranked third in the Deloitte Tech Fast 50 UK Awards and has been named Innovator of the Year 2015 by the Bristol Post Awards. Mubaloo’s work has won several awards throughout 2015, including Best Use of Mobile 2015 at the Digital Entrepreneur Awards and Most Innovative Development 2015 at the Mobile Innovation Awards.
By joining our team, you will be part of the UK’s leading mobile app developer and have the chance to work on bespoke mobile apps across a whole range of industry sectors. If you’re energetic, consider yourself to be self-motivated and prepared to roll up your sleeves to be part of an exciting, flourishing business, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a unique opportunity in a dynamic fast-paced environment within an award winning company. Perfect for someone with a passion for mobile and the determination to succeed.
The Android team is responsible for creating bespoke mobile applications used by millions across the UK, improving user experience and helping businesses to succeed. Close collaboration between the Strategy, Design, PM, QA and Development teams allows Mubaloo to define market-leading products and deliver high quality mobile solutions.
We are seeking someone who may be involved in all stages of the delivery cycle, at times including definition and estimation, wireframes and specifications, app development, testing and ongoing support. Working alongside iOS, Web and Windows Phone developers, you will be working to well-defined app delivery processes through a combination of waterfall and agile methodologies. A dedicated Project Manager is allocated to each project to ensure that the app is delivered on time and in budget.
We are seeking someone with established experience in native Android development, with an appetite for new challenges within an exciting growing business.
Skills & Requirements
- We need you to be intimately familiar with Git, Java, the Android SDK, JUnit and Android Studio
- Firm understanding of Android development concepts
- Over two years of commercial work experience with Android
- Good knowledge of Java and object-orientated development
- Experience consuming RESTful web services
- Excellent teamwork skills & an ability to get the work done with minimal supervision
- Good analytical and problem solving skills combined with an ability to think for yourself and challenge the status quo
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Well-rounded developer with more than just Android experience
- Exposure to agile & test-driven development methodologies
- Business Analysis skills to extract client requirements and recommend alternatives
- Understanding of important design patterns such as Dependency Injection (DI) and RxJava
- Experience and knowledge of Mac OS X and Photoshop
- Experience developing on Windows Phone 8 and/or BlackBerry’.
Mubaloo offers varied and exciting career development options. The mix of clients and projects provides exposure to a rich variety of challenges, opening up endless possibilities for those with an appetite to drive forward what’s possible.
We will provide you with our support in developing your skills and capabilities within the delivery team and training will be provided to help you advance you on this journey.
We look to provide our team with a supportive, fun and ambitious working environment, where we hope that you will develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency both in the UK and globally.
When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So we also offer a range of benefits:
- 23 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day per year upon 2 years of employment
- Company contribution to pension
- Opportunity for career development through training and conferences
- Funded team social events
- Flexible working hours
- Situated in a bright, breezy office on the Clifton Triangle in the heart of Bristol, with comfy beanbags, an indoor picnic area and an exciting social scene
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Corporate discounts with selected retailers
- Friday afternoon ‘Show & Tell’ with beers
- Monthly lunchtime ‘Think Tank’ sessions with pizza
- Internal hackathons
Weʼre looking for proven developers so send us samples/portfolios/links to apps and projects youʼve worked on.
Please send CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
No Recruitment Agencies.