Mubaloo, winner of App Developer 2012 & 2013, is looking for a Mid Weight Web Developer to join us at our Bristol Office.
Are you looking for a unique opportunity in a dynamic fast-paced environment within an award-winning company? Do you have a passion for mobile? Do you have the determination to succeed? If so, Mubaloo is the place for you.
- The chance to create bespoke mobile applications used by millions across the UK
- Co-operative environment – involvement in all stages of the delivery lifecycle
- Funded Team social events
Skills & Requirements
- Experience Node.js, specifically the Express platform.
- A solid understanding database schemas and CMS architecture.
- Experience of producing (and consuming) RESTful or SOAP / XML based APIs.
- Familiarity with Cross Origin development.
- Some basic server administration skills. You will be comfortable moving code between development, testing and live environments.
- A good understanding of HTTP response codes and their meanings.
- You will know of NPM know when to use a module from its repository, but also be acutely aware that there is not always ‘a module for that’.
- You will know how to craft beautiful interfaces from static mockups using HTML and CSS
- You will also be familiar with HTML5 and CSS3
- You will have some experience Ember, Angular or Appcelerator Titanium, bonus points if you have used them ‘in anger’.
- You will be plugged in to the most recent developments in the web community, including familiarity with Responsive Web Design and front-end MV* design patterns.
- You have experience with Phonegap / Cordova and perhaps have familiarity with native iOS / Android / Windows Phone code and plugins
- You should know how to use a version control system such as SVN or Git.
- You understand continuous integration and its benefits.
- You will have a very high standard of written and spoken English, and be able to communicate your ideas in a thoughtful and respectful manner to other team members.
You will be:
- Working on a variety of client projects using the latest web technologies.
- Involved in all aspects of the app development process, working with the dedicated design and QA teams to design, develop and test the app.
- Working to a well-defined app delivery process, supported by a dedicated project manager to ensure that the app is delivered on time and in budget.
- Creating apps from a bright, breezy office on the Clifton Triangle in the heart of Bristol, with comfy beanbags, an indoor picnic area and all the free tea and coffee you can drink.
- Starting work at 9am every day finishing at 5.30pm with an hour lunch break, with the exception of Fridays where we start at 8:30am and get away for 5pm. However when deadlines are looming you understand an extra push may be required.
- Offered the opportunity for career development through training and conferences.
- Attending our epic Christmas party, which was held in Iceland last year!
We are a Bristol-based agency who plan, design, develop and market bespoke mobile apps for smartphones and tablets across multiple platforms. Our environment is fresh and exciting and we work across a number of industry sectors, so there’s plenty of variety.
Our apps have won a number of awards and are used by millions of users every day. You may have seen or even used some of our apps already – our list of clients includes the Met Office, William Hill and Argos.
You’ll love our colourful Bristol office, the ‘grass’, picnic bench and whole stash of comfy bean bags. Bristol’s our development HQ and that’s how it will stay – no outsourcing!
We’re privately held and were established in 2009, so we have a solid foundation but still have the start-up feel and we’ve won awards too, including the App Developer of the Year for 2012 & 2013. We are fully funded, profitable and expanding.
If you’re similarly energetic, consider yourself to be self-motivated and prepared to roll up your sleeves to be part of an exciting, flourishing business, then we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, please send us:
- A short letter of introduction listing your previous achievements. Long CVs are not needed, they are boring and we probably won’t read them.
- A link to your GitHub account.
- A link to your portfolio of previous projects.