There are many rumours and leaks concerning iPhone 5 making rounds in the Internet. The latest scoop is this. According to hankooki.com, a popular Korean daily, iPhone 5 will be a mini iPad, with a bigger edge-to-edge display.
The display of present iPhone 4 has 2:3 ratio, and the ration of the display of the upcoming iPhone 5 is rumored to be 3:4, similar to that of iPad display.
In addition, iPhone 5 is expected to run on A5 processor, the same processor which powers the iPad. Furthermore, iPhone 5 is supposed to be equipped with a powerful 8-megapixel camera. In comparison, iPhone 4 has a 5-megapixel camera.
Other 9 reports (or rumours, whichever way you look at it) about iPhone 5 are as follows:
4. iPhone 5 will have the rear camera lens and flash positioned far apart from each other. In iPhone 4, the two modules are next to each other.
5. iPhone 5 will be thinner. iPhone 4 is 0.37 inch thick. iPhone 5 is rumored to be around 0.32 inch thick.
6. iPhone 5s antenna will be much improved. Apple was mired in ‘Antennagate’ controversy ever since iPhone 4 was launched. Unlike previous iPhones, iPhone 4 had an external antenna and many users noticed that they were unable to get reception if they held the phone in a certain way. Dubbed the “death grip,” it caused reception issues in the iPhone largely because of the antenna’s location on the outside edge. The controversy prompted Apple’s goodwill and brand name to take a nose dive. Apple learned its lessons and iPhone 5 is rumored to have a redesigned antenna, which will be placed under the Apple logo on the iPhone’s backside.
7. iPhone 5 will have Qualcomm baseband. The Qualcomm baseband will be available for both GSM and CDMA iPhone models.
8. iPhone will not the available in June, unlike the launch of previous versions. The recent earthquakes in Japan reportedly have disrupted production of some parts and supplies.
9. iPhone 5 will be called iPhone 4S or iPhone 5G. Rumors also suggest that, irrespective of what the newest version of iPhone will be called, the smart phone will not have 4G.
10. iPhone 5 is rumored to have a more powerful battery than the existing version. iPhone 4 promises 14 hours of talk time on 2G and 7 hours on 3G as well as 300 hours of standby time. iPhone 5 is rumored to have a battery that will offer 16-17 hours of talk time on 2G and 7-8 hours on 3G. The standby time is expected to improve by a couple of hundred hours, at the least. The improved battery is expected to help iPhone 5 go head-to-head with the powerful Samsung Galaxy S II.
11. iPhone 5 will be available in 64GB capacity, it is rumored. If that turns out to be true, it will be the first time for an iPhone to have that much capacity. iPhone 4 maxes out at 32GB. Samsung Galaxy S II also maxes out at 32 GB.
12. iPhone 5 casing will be in aluminium, unlike iPhone 4 which comes in a glass casing. Aluminium casing will make iPhone 5 more scratch resistant than iPhone 4.